Friday, March 11, 2016

Project PEACE- Be one with Nature




This week's challenge is to be one with nature- rain or shine.

Is it just me or do you find yourself struggling to be one with nature during the frigid unbearableness of winter? I know I do! Aside from trapping myself indoors to watch a documentary or read a book of some sort in regard to nature I pretty much distance myself every year from physically embracing nature during the cold winter months. Does walking around the city for my morning commute count? Yeah, I did not think so either. Unless I am bundled up climbing a mountain in the snow, skiing, or building a snowman, I have no interest in having a relationship with nature and being outdoors if you know what I mean.

Thank goodness we are eleven days into March and we have 61°F weather in New York City. It is looking quite promising! Today I went into work without wearing that jacket that physically adds twenty extra pounds. It will not be that much longer until I am wearing my shorts, dresses and flip flops. My feet will finally be able to breathe and not be suffocated by some sock (toe, fuzzy, high, anklet etc.)

After facing some serious winter blues, I cannot help but look forward to this winter weather finally fleeing until next year. It can give everyone the chance here [in New York] to walk around outside or jog without freezing a lung in the process.

I encourage everyone to be one with nature and escape the virtual reality we call "lives". Get some fresh air and tweet, text, blog and Instagram about your adventure outdoors later.

No comments:

Post a Comment